ARTICLES | Mother's Day Gift Ideas for the Wine Connoisseur
Mother's Day Gift Ideas for the Wine Connoisseur
Posted by Madeline Johnson, April 29, 2010 | 0 Comments
Does your mom appreciate the finer things in life like enjoying a perfect glass of wine and curling up with a good book? If your mom knows the difference between a moelleux and a Merlot, we’ve got great gift ideas for her! Depending on your age, you might not be able to buy her a bottle of her favorite vintage for Mother’s Day, but there are lots of other wine gifts and accessories that she’ll love.
Gifts up to $20
- Wine charms - If your mom loves hosting parties, wine charms are a great way for her guests to tell which glass is theirs. Look for charms that complement her design style or relate to her hobbies. Most wine charms clip around the stem of the glass, but some are built with tiny suction cups to hold them to the glass.
- Bottle opener - Say goodbye to boring, hard-to-use corkscrews. Check department stores and other gift shops for ergonomically designed bottle openers that lift out corks with a flick of the wrist. Techie Moms will love some of the battery operated designs too!
Gifts up to $50
- Decanter - Wine decanters are a great Mother’s Day gift idea for women who like to dress their tables elegantly for formal dinners. Pouring wine into a decanter before serving it can improve the flavor of the wine and will allow sediment to settle.
- Stemware - There’s a good chance your mom is still using her first set of stemware. No matter how careful we are, everyone loses one or two glasses to clumsy elbows or uneven tables. Give your mom a new set of stemware in a contemporary design to update her collection. Fashionista Moms love fancy stemware too.
- Wine tasting kit - These clever kits let your mom throw a fabulous party for all her wine-loving friends. Kits usually come with a black bag to disguise the wine bottle and scoring pads so each guest can guess where the wine is from and what kind it is. Give your mom gift certificates that she can use to buy bottles for the party.
Gifts up to $100
- Wine chiller - A table top wine chiller guarantees your mom’s favorite vintages are served at the ideal temperature every time. Just set the bottle in the chiller and in a matter of minutes, it’s ready to serve. Wine chillers are great Mother's Day gift ideas for foodie Moms who love gourmet cooking.
- Wine rack - Choose a sophisticated design that matches your mom’s decorating tastes. A wine rack that can be displayed in the dining room or that offers refrigeration is a fantastic Mother’s Day gift idea.
Gifts up to $200
- Winery tour - Most winery tours are actually free or are available at a very small cost. But if you’re going to do it, do it right. Get Mom a voucher for a bed and breakfast close to the winery or a gift certificate for the winery’s restaurant. Different tourist companies also offer creative ways for Mom to tour multiple wineries. Check for different tour companies that offer bicycle or bus tours of multiple wineries.
- Bottle her own wine - The “bottle your own” trend is alive and going strong. Mom can make her very own wine at a local business and enjoy bottling and labeling it herself - or better yet, with your help! You’ll be surprised how many bottles she’ll get for a reasonable price.
If you know your mom’s favorite type of wine, pick up a bottle for dinner or ask someone to pick it up on your behalf. Don’t forget a well-worded toast to thank your mom for being such a lovely person.
Article filed under: Latest News
Post a Comment
What are your thoughts on this article? Simply fill out this form below to post a comment.